Voting Information and Resources
- August 14, 2018 Connecticut Primaries
- November 6, 2018 General Election
how to apply for absentee ballot
Away on August 14th? You Need an Absentee Ballot!
Print and fill out the application for an absentee ballot, then follow the steps below:
- If you hand-deliver the application to your Town Clerk, you may ask to receive an absentee ballot at that time, which you can fill out and return.
- If you mail the request form, an absentee ballot will be mailed to you at the address you provide in Section II of the form.
- Once you receive an absentee ballot, be sure to read the name of each candidate in each column carefully before marking the ballot (you may wish to avoid straight-line voting).
- After filling out the ballot, either mail or hand-deliver it, using the instructions on the reverse side of the ballot. Be sure to leave enough time for the ballot to be delivered. Mailed absentee ballots must be received by the close of polls on August 14, Primary election day. Hand-delivered absentee ballots must be returned to your Town Clerk no later than the close of business on August 13.
how to register to vote
Need to register to vote? Want to change from Unaffiliated to the Democratic party? Need to change your name or address for your registration record?
Visit the Connecticut Online Voter Registration System and fill out the form.